Monday, March 24, 2014

that wind is calling my name

This week has been a whirlwind. 

On Monday, I took my Callie-girl on a girls date. To get mexican food- WHAT ELSE PEOPLE?! She's one of my 6th grade girls (pictured here). I adore her & her family. Somehow I've become the 5th member of their family, which is totally fine with me. 


On Tuesday, we had a picnic at the park and flew kites. My friend Meatha organized it- a couple mamas, a couple middle schoolers, a couple twenty-somethings. It was grand. Competition got a little fierce, but we had so much fun. It left us dreaming of summer...


I started my new job Wednesday afternoon. I'm teaching afternoon preschool now, and I love it! My kids are sweeties. Did I mention they're late twos/early threes? That being said, they are mostly well behaved. At least so far...

I celebrated a sweet friend's birthday with several dear friends present. It's so neat to just sit and gab with community of all ages.  




I was asked to lead devotional time at choir this week. I had weeks to getterdone, but I ended up writing it on my phone on my way to choir. No, I didn't procrastinate; every time I sat down to do it, I couldn't figure out what the Lord wanted me to say. The Lord finally whispered to me right before choir. I even threw my choir bff under the bus ;) 



On Thursday, my sister and I went to the 8 PM showing of Divergent. I really liked it. I never hold movies that were made from books to high standards- if you go in expecting the movie to be as good as the book you WILL be disappointed. I try to separate the two from each other- the book is the original story you loved and the movie is just a version of the story. Kapeesh?? And then you'll enjoy the movie. But all that being said, Divergent-the-movie followed Divergent-the-book pretty well. And it's not like Theo James made things worse...I only whispered ONE thing about him to my sister about him, and she told me to contain my hormones. SHEESH.
 


And I got strep this weekend. Baaaaad strep. I get sick maybe once a year, I kid you not. I used to get sinus infections all the stinkin' time growing up, but it turned out that I was just allergic to dogs. This is the first time I've been sick since I moved out of my parents house- so basically, it's been over a year since I was last sick. Because I am so rarely sick, I can handle a weekend of being down for the count. I just hated having to miss teaching my girls in church today and helping a sweet friend host a party tonight. Hopefully the worst is over! Sister has places to go and people to see. 



Here's Sharing My Library Vol 15~

Movie/TV- nothing new yall; being sick makes me revert to comfort, so it's been nothing but The Golden Girls, One Tree Hill, and DVR'd Chicago PD episodes for me since Friday. 
Music- The Fray "Cable Car", Jason Reeves "Save My Heart", Blind Pilot "Half Moon"
Book- rereading The Sweet By & By, Sara Evans

Pin- 


I hope you all are well! catch you soon.
xx, bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment