Sunday, March 23, 2014

Puzzle Pieces

I find that working in youth ministry has me flashing back to my own middle school and high school years. I suppose that's a natural thought shift, but those are years I have no desire to return to. Oh sure, if I could return and change things, I would- but that is why hindsight is twenty-twenty. 
((yall have no idea how hard it was to find a picture of myself from high school 
w/o a kid attached or a friend w/ me))

I was wondering (doubting, really) last week how on earth the Lord could use my crazy story for anything. I didn't know it then, but He was in Heaven saying, "Oh just you wait for a glimmer."
Stepping out of my norm and teaching 8th grade girls one Sunday morning lead me to that glimmer. Sometimes it feels like an out of body experience, watching the Lord click puzzle pieces together in front of me. We scramble to put the puzzle together, getting frustrated when pieces don't fit because we lack the bigger picture, when all along God knows exactly where each piece fits. How amazed I am, how humbled I was, to learn that a two minute snippet of my story would be beneficial to many of the girls in the room. 

"We all have a story to tell, whether we whisper or yell. 
We all have a story to tell, of adolesence and all its glory. 
We all have a story to tell." 
~Happily Ever After, by He Is We

Tell your stories, friends. Speak life and truth into the young ones you know. You never know how God is going to be glorified. What you consider differences and quirks, He considers beauty marks in His master plan for your life.  
xx, bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment