Monday, March 10, 2014

Actions {>>>} Words



Sundays are my hot mess days, I hate to admit. Like, HAWT mess. Not usually in a good way, either. My bed is more tempting to stay in. I try on more outfits on Sunday morning than I wear in an entire week. I run an extra 5 minutes late (I KNOW). I forget stuff as I scramble to get out the door. 

HOT MESS, I tell ya. 

By the time I get to the student floor on Sunday mornings, I have myself a little more put together (or so I like to think). Several of us teachers sit together in the back after mingle time, while the students are getting the group lesson. These are the times I receive some of the best revelations and convictions. 

A recent Sunday convicted me of how important it is that our actions back up our words. I am convinced that we are better witnesses through our actions than my words alone. I can talk to someone all day long, but at the end of the day, what are they going to remember most? They're going to remember what I did. For if I am not consistently living what I preach, then I am a hypocrite. 

As Jesus followers, we have to make a conscious efforts to line up our words and deeds with the Word. It isn't easy. Our flesh would prefer we not live by the Word, which is why we must pray for His way to become our only way. 

I don't want it to be questionable that Jesus Christ is my Number 1. I want my heart, my aura, my everything to radiate Him. So that means making decisions more consciously. conversing with people more purposefully, meet with people more intentionally, and forgive more quickly. 

I pray that He would mold me into someone who's first nature is to reach for Him. 

blessings, beth

No comments:

Post a Comment