Monday, March 17, 2014

Happier Than A Bird. With a french fry, no less. {{SML Vol 14}}

Hi friends!! 
My last few days have been full, in a blessed content way. I spent Saturday at the bakery with my sweet friend/co-worker Haley. A huge rainstorm fell most of the afternoon and into the evening...

and after the major rainfall, we were blessed with a beautiful rainbow, in which we could see both ends of! How rare is that?! We were amazed, both standing gaping at it. It was the perfect way to end the week. 

This week has started off in a frenzy, but I'm stopping to make time for you, dear readers! So here is another Sharing My Library :) 

If you saw last week's post, it's rather obvious that this week's movie choice is going to be... Anne of Green Gables 1 & 2! It's such a sweet wholesome story. Anne is such an imaginative character, with such fire and passion in her. And dear sweet Gilbert is the epitome of a man in his pursuit of her heart and eventually her hand. 

Switching from movies to music, I've had my big band music playing today. Why, you ask? Well, I have dear friends, a sister group, who are INCREDIBLE singers. Tonya is the lucy to my ethel (mentioned here) and we had the following twitter interaction today: 


so naturally like 8 songs came to mind and because of the twitter limitations, I wrote them out and tweeted the gals a photo. 
and I actually have an itunes giftcard so I'm fixin' to go buy moreeee 'forties musica. happy day to me!
((I just went texan on yall... fyi, fixin to = about to do something)) 

 Book- currently reading Life's Healing Problems, by John Baker. I was browsing the bookshelf at the fowler's house last week, and i felt a nudge towards this one. I'm always hesitant to read books that require scab picking, but it's been so cathartic. 

Article/Pin- On Barbies and Using What You Have For all the Barbie bashing that's out there, here's a positive side to what Barbies taught young girls. 

Verse/Phrase- my sweet friend just bought a canvas with this phrase on it. 
(via)
she showed her husband and I at the same time, and we just giggled. I like the intentionality this motto holds. 

I hope you are all enjoying your week thus far! blessings to you! 
xx, bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment