Friday, April 4, 2014

Walk MS 2014

((left to right: rachel h, abby, rachel my sister, me, brooke))
I don't talk much about this here. This isn't a place to bring the messiness that Multiple Sclerosis has brought my family. But occasionally, messiness needs to be embraced (hello I teach two year olds- messy is my life). 
See, my momma has MS. Multiple sclerosis (in easy understandable terms) is an unpredictable disease of the central nervous system that interrupts the flow of information within the brain, and between the brain and body. There is no definitive cure for Multiple Sclerosis. Each MS patient has different symptoms, which is part of the mystery of MS. What works on one doesn't work on all. The severity is different for each patient. My momma has progressive MS, meaning she will continue to get worse and worse. 
I bring all this up to tell yall about the yearly walks & bike rides the National MS Society holds throughout the year. The National MS Society in Fort Worth is held their walk this weekend, so myself, my sister, and several dear friends participated. The walks & bike rides are physical ways to raise awareness (and funding!) for Multiple Sclerosis. 
Be grateful for your health, yall. Be grateful for the little things you can do that you don't even think about, because there are others who can't and would kill to do them. Be grateful for your loved ones.
xx, bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment