Tuesday, February 11, 2014

SML- Vol. 10- My Classics

Keeping with our theme of February Favorites, this week's Sharing My Library features my favorite old movies. Yall know I have a love affair with anything vintage related. Basically, if it is from before 1969, I can't resist. 

The majority of my favorite movies are from 1945-1970. That's not to say I don't love recent movies; I just don't find them as good as the classics. 

I'll let you be the judge. 

1946- It's A Wonderful Life
"Strange, isn't it? Each man's live touches so many others. When he isn't around, he leaves an awful hole."

1952- Singin' In The Rain 
"Dignity, always dignity."

1953- Calamity Jane
"This town ain't big enough! Not for me and that frilled-up, flirtin', man-rustlin' petticoat, it ain't!"

1954- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
"Snowballs with rocks in them! Them poor little dears! Sobbin' buckets o' tears!"

1955- Oklahoma! 
"You never know how many people like ya til yer dead!"

1961- 101 Dalmations 
"Did you hear that, Freckles? Dad wants us to get dirty!"

1962- How The West Was Won
Cleve: "From the first moment I saw you I've known that I couldn't live without you."
Lily: "Well... I'd hate to be the cause of your death, Mr. Van Valen."

1963- McLintock!
"Don't say it's a fine mornin or I'll shoot ya!"


1964- Mary Poppins 
"We can't have them gallivanting up there like kangaroos, can we?"

1968- Yours, Mine, and Ours
"It's giving life that counts. Until you're ready for it, all the rest is just a big fraud. All the crazy haircuts in the world won't keep it turning. Life isn't a love in, it's the dishes and the orthodontist and the shoe repairman and... ground round instead of roast beef. And I'll tell you something else: it isn't going to a bed with a man that proves you're in love with him; it's getting up in the morning and facing the drab, miserable, wonderful everyday world with him that counts."

I keep telling yall I was born in the wrong era... now do you believe me?

xx, bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment