Monday, December 30, 2013

Your grace still amazes me.

Hi loves. 



The last few weeks, I've been reading through the book of James. There is a lot of wisdom packed in that book. James knew his stuff. 

James 4:6 has quickly become one of my favorite verses. It says, "BUT, He gives us more grace. That is why the Scriptures says, 'God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.'"

First of all, is 'BUT' not THE BEST word EVER?! 'BUT' means something good is coming! 'BUT' means God isn't finished yet. 'BUT' is a promise. God is just GOOD like that. 

His goodness just continues to spill out in this verse. Guys, I praise the Lord for this fact alone- He gives us MORE grace. More grace than we deserve, because that is His trademark- to continually pour grace on us, the undeserving. 

His grace amazes me. I don't ever want there to be a day when I'm not amazed by His grace. I want it to always bring me to my knees, to praise the One who lavishes His mercy upon me. 



Being on our knees is a sign of humility, because we are willing to lower ourselves to look up at another. Humility is not a common trait nowadays (then again, the word nowadays isn't a common word but I digress). Many people see humility as weakness.  I see it as strength. People who have humility, who possess a humbleness, have decided to remove themselves from place #1 on their concern list and instead put God in that place. 

Guys, God prefers His people to be humble over the proud or conceited. He blesses those who are humble, who have humility, who adore Him. 

Seeking Him face first should be at the top of our priority list. The God who is an endless reservoir of grace deserves as much. 

Go listen to Phillips, Craig, and Dean- Your Grace Still Amazes Me

~bethany 

No comments:

Post a Comment