Tuesday, December 24, 2013

It's A Merry Christmas Eve!

"...and I hardly can believe, 
how the time does fly as the years go by 
since we trimmed the Christmas tree! 
It's a merry Christmas eve, like a world of make believe
It's a magic night, a child's delight
it's a very merry Christmas eve!"

Guys, I'll warn you; the last two weeks, my brain has been ALL over the place. 


I have finished crafting & wrapping presents for my family! Success. My sister is finishing up her present to our parents (yall just wait til you see it!). 



And it's still coooooold outside. Sister & I have had "Baby It's Cold Outside" stuck in our heads since Sunday, and we've been regaling our parents with our lovely versions of it. By lovely, I mean we've been taking our God-given pretty voices and trying sing as off key and off tune as possible, plus as flat or sharp as we can go. 



Frozen is THE cutest movie since Tangled, hands down. Ugh. Just, love. 



I need to pack for Houston... packing I do not love. But who does? Besides, packing requires doing laundry...eh. 



I went to church with my best Sunday, and while singing "Angels We Have Heard On High", the second verse really hit me. I've been dwelling on it off/on since then. It says, 



"Shepherds, why this jubilee?

Why your joyous strains prolong?
What the gladsome tidings be 
which inspire your heavenly song?" 


It's the voice of the townspeople, stunned that the outcast shepherds have the gall to come into town. Excited shepherds, who've just seen angels! And they likely had the sheep with them, so imagine bahhhhing everywhere and shepherds jabbering amongst themselves, in the middle of the night. Kind of a disturbance, don't you think? A spectacle to behold. And because people are nosy, obviously they'd want to know what could possibly be happening that brought SHEPHERDS to town, in the middle of the night. 


I thank God for those shepherds, who were willing to believe those angels and go seek that baby, who were willing to wake a town to find that little man. That little man who would save the world. 

I thank God for that baby. 

merry christmas eve, bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment