Wednesday, January 1, 2014

for auld lang syne.



Hello friends! Unless you live under a rock, you're well aware that we are in the first days of 2014. I'm the kind of person that is always thrown off when we start a new moth, so imagine what a new year does to me. 

When I was at my parent's house over Christmas, I got all my journals off the top shelf of my former closet. After all, that closet has turned into my mom's "I don't have a place for it so we'll stick it in there" room, and I'd like to save my journals before they get buried under stuff. I couldn't quite remember how many I had, but I had a big box just in case. 

Yall, I've been journaling since I was eleven... I counted twenty-one journals.Including last year's journals, the final count is twenty-five. In nine years. TWENTY-FIVE. Good night nurse. 

I don't even want to think about how many journals I'll have filled up by the end of my life. 

So why am I sharing about my journals? Well, this year, I'm taking the first few days of 2014 to reflect on all God did in me and for me in 2013. I'm going to reread this year's journals and review His faithfulness, His provision, His involvement in the big moments and the little moments. I plan on spending time with Jesus and figuring out what He wants of me this year, as well. Honestly, whatever He wants, let's do it. I'm all in, because a relationship with Christ is all in, is it not? You're either 110% with Him or you're not. It's when you're 110% with Him that you'll find fulfillment and contentment in Him. 

2013 was definitely a year of personal growth. Lots of letting go. Lots of re-learning things. Lots of breaking patterns and habits. Lots of time spent aiming to be different than what I've known. It was a year spent figuring out who God wants me to be. 

2013 was definitely a year of friendship. After spending a few years in which I made my family my #1 priority, I've been blessed with a core group of of young women to do life with, as well as several older sisters-in-Christ who exemplify Him and challenge me to do so as well.  

Now please forgive me for being a cliche blogger and blogging about the last year of my life. Yall know I'm not a fan of cliches. I would love to hear what Jesus showed you in 2013 and what you are looking forward to in 2014! 

I almost forgot! UNT won the Bowl game! That NEVER happens. They NEVER get this far in football. Denton is quite excited today. GO MEAN GREEN! My cheerleader friend Morley was even on the tv multiple times! #hometownPride

 love, beth

No comments:

Post a Comment