Monday, November 25, 2013

Sharing My Library - Volume 3

"Your mercy is falling is falling is falling.
Mercy, it falls like a sweet spring rain.
Mercy is falling is falling all over me.

Hey-yo, I receive Your mercy. 
Hey-yo, I receive Your grace.
Hey-yo, I will dance forevermore."
-Mercy Is Falling

Last Sunday, my sweet pregnant friend Lauren sang Darlene Zschech's "Victor's Crown" in big church.  I've had it on repeat ever since. Ugh. Just love. (sidenote: Let it be known that Lauren can SING. Whew baby. Sometimes I get to sit next to her in choir and man, I wanna be just like her when I grow up)

Speaking of music, it's Christmas musical time of year, which means organized chaos is ensuing. Lots of glitter, lots of running to & fro, lots of papers everywhere, and lots of people asking questions every time we turn around. Serving Jesus is never dull- and I love it. I want to strangle people sometimes, but I love it. 

YALL. We got a cold front Thursday night...it was 75 degrees on Thursday and we woke up to 32 degrees and freezing rain on Friday. BRRRRRR. Thankful for kiddos to snuggle with and coffee pots that start themselves! 

Plus, all three kids were sick this week, so Kristen instigated a quarantine. All of us adults are still healthy so far... Knock on wood, I know. We've been doubling up on the Vitamin C and wheatgrass (cough cough my friend tblank's turning me into a wierdo). 

With the kiddos sick this week, that meant no nannying for me, which means Christmas present making, cleaning, writing, and watching movies. I saw A Cinderella Man (with Russell Crowe, Renee Zellwegger, and Paul Giamatti) for the first time this week. That movie went on the "Need To Buy" list. I will definitely watch it again. It's the story of boxer James Braddock, with romance and action, plus it's set in the 1920-1930s period, which yall know I love. (Sidenote: wives/girlfriends of boxers, I do not know how you do it- I can endure watching lots of things but seeing a man get hurt is something I doubt I'll ever be able to stomach without shuddering)

With more time to myself this last week, I found myself over an hour into my Jesus time the other day because of SheReadsTruth, just soaking in His Word and spending precious time with Him. If you're looking for a change in your quiet time, head to SheReadsTruth! I absolutely love this site. So many plans to chose from, and it doesn't just give you a passage- it "forces" you to open your Bible. 

And! Jesus was so grateful in His provision this week. He provided a check to be more than expected, as if to say, "See? I WILL keep the provision coming." He is GOOD yall, all day, everyday. 

xo, beth

No comments:

Post a Comment