Sunday, May 11, 2014

More than summer wind. /// taking inventory.


I'm slowly coming back to this little niche as I wade through transition. A few weeks ago, I moved back in with my sweet silly parents to save money for a while. We're having an interesting time! Hope you are all well, dear readers. 

I had started writing this post but had hesitated on actually posting it. A few days later, I saw a similar list floating around the blog world, so I adapted mine to that one, since I liked it better. Sometimes the best thing to do in the midst of the busyness of life is to stop and take stock of your feelings, thoughts, and surroundings. 
Weathering: warm spring days. all of April's showers brought may's flowers!! I love how beautiful spring is in Texas. 
Watching: Drake and Josh reruns with my sister. She's laughing, which makes me laugh. Happy hearts. 
Feelingsomewhat discouraged I try to break a lifelong habit; feeling grateful that I have a wonderful job that challenges me and encourages my growth.  

Making: Mother's Day presents with my kids all week. We finger-painted pots, pressing the kid's thumbs & fingers to form flowers and butterflies. We tied lollipops prettily to place inside the pot, and added a note that said, "mommy, my love for you grows every year." I wish I'd remembered to take a picture of all the pots!! SO cute. 
Cooking: HA. right. my sister cooked today for mother's day, not me. 
Drinking: too much coke. 

Reading: Silenced by Dani Pettrey. ((related sidenote- soon book reviews are going to start appearing 'round here... :))

Wanting: a dear friend's desire to become a reality. Her heart for this desire is so genuine & how she is waiting so beautifully for Jesus' time makes me so proud of her. 
Looking: at facebook pictures of a sweet friend's baby girl who was dedicated today. 

Playing: music. Specifically, 
Save You- Matthew Perryman Jones; 23- Jimmy Eat World; Enough- Tyrone Wells. 

Wishing: on dandelions. 
Enjoying: the rare, still moments with my kids during weekdays, spent relishing their laughter and chatter and snuggles

Liking: this quote- "Don't let the seeds stop you from enjoying the watermelon."

Wondering: why we so often chose to revert to survival mode instead of acknowledging the difficulty, moving on, and choosing to live life past the limits.  
Loving: Kari Jobe's song, Forever

Hoping: to get starbucks while running errands shortly...

Marveling: over the fact that at the end of every day, I can chose to leave it all in the hands that were wounded for me. 
Needing: a new phone case. How materialistic, I know. But I do indeed, need a new one. 

Smelling: my sister's perfume that I've borrowed, every day this week. It's Victoria's Secret Pink- Warm & Cozy. 
Wearing: more dresses & skirts in my off time since I'm continually in shorts/pants for work. My friend Meatha is my inspiration. 
Following: candace cameron bure & her stint on dancing with the stars. That woman is such a jesus-shining inspiration. 

Noticing: just how allergic I am to dogs, since I've moved back in with my parents & puppy dog. Hello, sinus infections 24/7. 
Knowing: and reminding myself that no power of hell nor any scheme of man can ever pluck me from His hand.
Thinking: my mom is probably the hardest person to shop for, honestly. 

Bookmarking: child development books.

Opening: boxes and suitcases trying to find the various things I'm missing since I haphazardly threw things together before moving. 
Giggling At: an interview snippet with jennifer lawrence. 

jennifer lawrence is the bomb. 

if you do one of these inventories, let me know! i'd love to read it :) 

love, bethany 

No comments:

Post a Comment