Friday, July 4, 2014

Captain America's Birthday.

I'm baaaaaack! Thank you for being patient with me, as I haven't been posting for the last few weeks. 
Now whoa baby, I don't think I've caught my breath since before VBS, and that was three weeks ago. Thank God for this three day weekend. VBS was a blast. Some people get worn out working VBS, but I thrive on it. Even having to go straight to work afterwards wasn't too much trouble. If you follow me on Instgram, you've seen our #AwkwardFamilyPhotos that our music team created every day, all week. It got a little crazy. 

My mom broke her foot during the week of VBS, so that threw a monkey wrench into family life. A broken foot + progressive Multiple Sclerosis = uhhhh ohhh. Life's looked a lot like this lately ((at least for my dad and sister; I work 11 hour days and only get to see Momma on the weekends)) :
Celebrate America 2014, our church's July 4th celebration, was this last weekend. It's always a hoot and a half. It was a great way to get excited about the Fourth of July. I've been living in a land of Red-White-and-Blue since last Saturday, as this week's theme at preschool/daycare was also July 4th. My 4 year olds were CONVINCED that is not America-the-country's birthday, but CAPTAIN America's birthday. I finally gave up trying to differentiate between the two. 


Speaking of all things Fourth of July, am I wrong to think that today is a day when TV should be playing patriotic movies nonstop? I'm really disappointed in the lack of options offered today. 
((disclosure- we have verizon; I am speaking of verizon's channel guide. I do not know of other provider's options))
I compiled a list of my favorite Americana movies. Yall have fun Netflixing these! 

The Patriot
1776
Gone With The Wind
National Treasure, 1 & 2
Saving Private Ryan
Apollo 13
How The West Was Won
Red Dawn (Chris Hemsworth version)
Forrest Gump
Glory
In Harm's Way

My to-do list this week is massive. How about yours? I hope you are all enjoying your fourth of July weekend! 
xo, bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment