Tuesday, July 29, 2014

a quiet place

I'm an extroverted introvert. 

I thrive off of alone time. I thrive off of people time. It just depends on the day and the mood. But when I don't get alone time, it ain't pretty. I feel stressed, and stretched to the limit, and it typically brings about some form of anxiety. 

Since this season has me living with my parents again, where it's never quiet or empty, I have to carve out alone time. I have always been good about it, but lately, it's been HARD. I work 11 hour days, so when I get home i typically fall asleep on the couch before 830. My weekends are spent catching up on family and friends, and the only "me" time I get is walking the dog, if I'm lucky. 

What is working for me in this season is crashing at friend's houses. Let me rephrase that: when my friends are out of town, I house/dog sit and I get a few days of rejuvenating bliss. It's HEAVEN. I get to watch tv and movvies. I can read. I can catch up on Jesus time and finish lesson plans. 


I didn't realize how much I loved living alone til now. Reading the book Finding Spiritual Whitespace opened my eyes to a whole new way of life; forever I am grateful for that. So instead of letting a chaotic schedule and long hours tear me apart, I'm using it to draw closer to the Lord and take better care of me. I never truly understood that concept til now. 

What season of life are you in friend? Are you able to take better care of yourself, or are you in a season of taking care of others?

xo, bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment