Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Single Woman Dare


Women this is for you. Single women I am speaking to you. I want to dare you.

I dare you to stare insecurity in the face. I dare you to allow God to face you with your weakness, with your inability to control every circumstance and situation that comes your way. I dare you to acknowledge the fears you’ve associated with being single and with being married. 

I once heard Corey Russell say ducktape your foot to the gas pedal and go straight into that wall, because you’re going to hit it at some point. So just go after it. [The wall being whatever is hindering you from God's love.] That is exactly what I am daring you single women. I dare you to face your fears in the eye. Those fears of being alone the rest of your life, the insecurities of not being enough. 

You are beautiful, you are worth the pursuit. Just because that guy that you are crushing on doesn’t see that does not alter your identity. You are who God says you are. Lovely, Pure, Holy, Beautiful. You ravish His heart with just one glance. What you do for God, you cannot do for any man. What God can do for your heart, no man can do for you. 

So before racing into a relationship, or attempting to get your crush to like you. I want to dare you to take a moment, a week, a season, and face whatever you’ve been running from. 

I dare you to allow the Lord to purify your heart, you mind, your soul. So that when the day comes that you are in a relationship there are less walls, less restrictions for the Lord to be able to love that person through you. 

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love is long-suffering. Love does not boast. Love is not self-seeking. 

Allow God to write love on your heart. To erase the fears, the doubts, the insecurities. Allow God to be your everything. 

I dare you to let God be your all in all. 

Why do I make you this dare? Because I took this dare, I take it every day. I make the choice every day to allow myself to sit in the gaze of the Lord and allow His burning eyes to purify me. It is choosing to everyday let go of what hinders love in my life. It is knowing that Id be worse off if I held onto my baggage and fears than to encounter the love of God. I dare you because some of you need that prompting, some of you have been waiting for that reminder that it is worth it to let go. 

I am writing you as a single woman. I am not writing you this dare while being in a relationship or married. I understand what it means to take this dare. I believe its worth it. 
So, again. I dare you. Take some time tonight to release to the Lord what has hindered you. I promise it will be worth it. Let love in. 

And remember… Perfect love casts out fear.


No comments:

Post a Comment