Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hug me brother!

 


****That's a Drake and Josh quote if you didn't catch that. My sister loves that show.
 
One of my gifts is the gift of physical touch- squeezing a hand, rubbing a back, playing with hair, hugs, putting an arm around someone. Physical touch is my way of showing love and encouragement, sympathy and support.
 
Obviously, physical touch includes hugs. What is it about hugs? I just love them.
 
I grew up in a family of huggers- for example, my Grandgrace gets so excited to see you that she hugs like she's going to crush you. But it was my "sister" Lauren who really taught me how to hug. She hugs with her heart, and gives hugs like presents. You just know her arms are safe and how loved you are.
 
I'm a hugger. None of this one-arm, side hug junk (I take that back; if it's a guy around my age they get a side hug). But my girls, my kids, my family- they get swallowed up. Everyone needs hugs. Everyone needs that little physical touch of love.
I believe hugs are healing, too. Sometimes, hugs say what words can't. Hugs let you know that there is still someone who cares.
 
Hugs are a gift. Give them. Take them.
 
"There’s something in a simple hug
That always warms the heart,
It welcomes us back home
And makes it easier to part…."
 
love, beth

No comments:

Post a Comment