Friday, December 14, 2012

God's Blueprints

I’ve got the coffee pot brewing, and the rain is coming down in sheets. I have soft music playing, with a blanket tucked around me, and my dog at my feet. A journal lies open, and ready is my pen. My heart is full of words, but oh where do I begin?

Over the last couple days, my mind has returned to Psalm 20:4- “May he give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed.” After a period of caretaking, my heart is so open and ready to chase my dreams.
As many people who find themselves in caretaking roles do, I put my life on hold. I wanted to be there for my sick mama and my working daddy and my little sister. But after a year and half, I grew afraid that I would remain at home for the rest of my life, doing the same things, day in and day out. I had almost forgotten what it was like to dream.

One day I came across Galatians 6:9 which says, “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.”
That was exactly what I needed to hear. There is good coming if we do not give up. That’s His promise to us.

How faithful is the God we serve! He used different people and several quiet times to reinforce His point. I could hear God urging me to move forward. Each person I talked to reminded me of Jeremiah 29:11. I typically nod when reminded of that, but after several people brought that particular verse up in such a short period of time, I started to really listen. Gang, He has SUCH great plans for each and every one of us. Do you think that he would bring us into this world just to abandon us? No! He wants to use us and our circumstances to draw people closer to Him, not for our own glory, but for HIS glory.
This caretaking role is not my role forever. I have to opportunity dream! I have the opportunity to take the gifts that the Lord has blessed me with and use them for His glory, to do something I love. I trust in God’s blueprints for my future. I trust that he will fulfill my desires.

Isn’t it such a glorious thing that the Lord gives us the ability to dream?
~Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment