Friday, May 3, 2013

Blessed, Thankful, Grateful.


Charles Dickens wrote, "Reflect upon your present blessings -- of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”  

I spent time today reflecting on my blessings. I journaled the things I'm grateful for, the things I'm thankful for. The things I'm blessed by.

I came up with lots of different things.

I'm blessed to sleep in on days off.
To cook breakfast with sweet, funny friends.
To have a big brother who is willing to do handy stuff for me.

Thankful for friends who cover me in prayer, support, and encouragement.
For glorious weather to bask in.
For bi-weekly phone calls with my Brookie.
For a friend at work amidst nonbelievers and drama queens.

Grateful for materialistic things.
Like a clean house.
I'm grateful for coffee.
For mac & cheese in my pantry.
For paychecks.

Grateful that I get to spend time in my Lord's presence, daily. For as long as I want, which is forever.

Thankful for grace that is lavished on me, so undeservingly.

Blessed are the cracked, for they let the light in.

in Christ, bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment