Wednesday, May 15, 2013

beyond the weeds


Romans 8:12-15
"So then my brothers, we are debtors- not to the flesh- to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will dies, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, then you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. You did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear but you have received the spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry Abba Father."

Weeds and grass can look very similar. Same color, same texture. They are only discernible to us because we have been around them long enough to know the difference.

Hopefully I am seasoned enough in my walk with Christ to identify the weeds in my life. Yet often times I am much too tentative when it comes to removing them.

When you pull weeds, you yank at it's base, so that you pull the root out, so that the weed doesn't grow back. You must make sure that the root comes out with the weed. As you pull weeds, you get better and better at it.

You have to be bold in approaching the sin in your lives. I have to be bold in approaching the sin in my life. Kneel in front of it, face it eye to eye, clarify that it isn't of the Lord, and in utter confidence, grasp it by its' strongest point and destroy it.

We don't have to do it alone. We don't have to do it in fear. We are tended to by the great gardener, after all.

I choose to be bold in facing my sins, because I desire to be blameless and pure as my Abba beckons me to a life beyond the weeds.

~bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment