Sunday, October 27, 2013

on my bookshelf


I love LOVE love reading. I'm always on the lookout for my next book, so I decided to share some recommendations with you! And I'll warn you, I AM a girl, so I do read romantic fiction and all that, BUT that being said, my bookshelf has always been and always will be quite eclectic. 



1. Mended by Angie Smith
          This is one of my absolute favorite books. Jesus used it to heal me. He truly speaks through Angie Smith. I usually base how much a book impacted me on how much I underline/highlight in it- this is a book that has multiple things underlined and/or highlighted on every page. If you are broken and in need of healing from our Savior, turn here. 


 

2. Kisses From Katie by Katie Davis
           Oh my heart. Katie Davis is a Christ-loving single mama of 12 Ugandan girls. She followed Jesus into the unknown. Literally. Oh, how I long for my heart to be more like the heart of this girl, who gave up American luxuries for African dirt. 


      

3. Deadly Reunions Series by Lynette Eason
           Love me some mystery thrillers. Just don't read this at night, in your apartment, alone...



4. The Savannah Series by Denise Hildreth Jones
            Knee slapping good fiction. An insane southern family...just, yeah. 



5. A Songbird Series by Sara Evans
           A vintage loving free spirit with a rough past marries into what she thinks is a picture perfect family. Southern soap opera-esque. (Don't let the covers fool you- this is not for preteens or teens- it;'s all adults, well out of college, with flashbacks thrown in.)



6. Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill
           The Secret Service agent who was assigned to protect Jacqueline Kennedy, from her first day as First Lady til she remarried Aristotle Onassis. Jackie Kennedy has always been my favorite First Lady. Mr. Hill paints a lovely picture of the woman he protected, all the while keeping it classy. 



7. Esther by Beth Moore
           Our summer girls bible study group did this this summer. I was only able to attend a few of the lessons, but I'm planning on going back through it. Such a touching, life altering, divine story. 



8. Everything by Mary DeMuth
          I just finished this one... it's what you give and gain to become like Jesus. Isn't that your goal at the end of every day? t's mine. This book is evidence that there is no greater pursuit than Christ. 

more book recommendations to come... love, bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment