Saturday, August 18, 2012

Kaleidoscope

This is something I wrote over a year ago. I came across it today. I didn't edit anything, I just posted it.

------



Kaleidoscope. I saw this word today. I forgot how much I love it! Think about it- a kaleidoscope takes tiny bits and pieces them together to make something bigger, something beautiful. When you really look at a kaleidoscope, you can see how it’s been broken and rearranged. That’s like life! Life knocks you to the floor and just as you’re about to get up, it stomps you back down. Life isn’t perfect; it’s messy. The messy parts are what makes it beautiful.
The Lord seems to have a consistent theme in my life- change. Change isn’t just a lesson and go. Change is learning to depend on God. Change is taking a step back and letting go. Change is dancing where you haven’t gone before. A kaleidoscope is constantly shifting, changing, emerging. It blends from one thing into something else. Another picture materializes, showing us something we didn’t see before. 
A kaleidoscope requires imagination. You see all of the little details first. The big picture comes later, after you’ve connected all the little pieces. That’s how we view life and circumstances. Only God can view the whole picture. We think it’s going to turn out one way, but the Lord shifts the layout on us.
I looked up the Webster’s definition of kaleidoscope. A kaleidoscope is:
1-     a complex set of events or circumstances
2-     a complex, colorful, and shifting pattern or scene
Both of these “official” definitions nail it. A kaleidoscope is complex. It’s colorful. It’s busy. It changes. It’s crazy. It’s life. And that is what makes it beautiful.

Love, BLV

No comments:

Post a Comment